PDPA Compliance for SkillsFuture course grants and credit claims
Learn Indonesian Hub treats your data with utmost privacy and keeps it secure. We are a PDPA Compliant organization.
For the purpose of facilitating the application of government grants and SkillsFuture funding, we are required to collect your NRIC number and and Date of Birth from you and/or your company in order for us to verify your identity.
According to SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), in their circular [SSG CIRCULAR/RPD/2019/3] and [SSG CIRCULAR/RPD/2019/4], they have clarified on the collection of NRIC and other relevant information. For your further understanding, we have included the circulars here as follows:
[SSG CIRCULAR/RPD/2019/3]: Clarifications To Training Providers on the Revised Advisory Guidelines On The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
1 Aug 2019
- This Circular is to provide clarity to Training Providers on the revised Advisory Guidelines on the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) for NRIC and other National Identification Numbers issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC), which takes effect from 1 Sep 2019.
- Public agencies in Singapore and organisations acting on their behalf are exempted from the Data Protection Provisions of the PDPA.
- NRIC is a necessary data field which SSG collects for proper governance of training grant disbursement.
- Trainees applying for SkillsFuture Funding are to provide their physical NRICs for the purpose of identification and collection of NRIC number and other personal details required to maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date records. However, SSG does not require Training Providers to keep photocopies (or scanned copies) of trainees’ NRIC, or to retain trainees’ physical NRIC.
- For Training Providers’ compliance, please. Thank you.
[SSG CIRCULAR/RPD/2019/4]: Clarifications on the advisory guidelines on the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and application to SSG-funded Training Providers
14 October 2019
- Dear Training Providers, this circular is to provide clarity on the advisory guidelines on the PDPA and application to SSG-funded Training Providers (TPs).
- SSG issued a circular on 1 Aug 2019, informing all SSG-funded TPs that they may continue to ask trainees, who are applying for SkillsFuture funding, to provide their physical NRICs for the purpose of identification (see SSG Circular/RPD/2019/3 (PDF, 0.01MB)). We wish to re-iterate that the collection of trainees’ NRIC number and other personal details are for the purpose of verifying the authenticity of trainees’ identity and proper governance of training grant disbursement (including audit checks). The circular does not exempt TPs from complying with the PDPA in its entirety, or the Data Protection Provisions (as referred to in the Advisory Guidelines On the Personal Data Protection Act for NRIC and Other National Identification Numbers).
- TPs may refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) published by the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) on its website at www.ifaq.gov.sg/pdpc/, should there be any further concerns on the applicability of the aforementioned Guidelines.
- This is an automatically generated message, please do not reply to this email as your queries will not be answered. Should you require any clarification, please contact us at 6785 5785 or our feedback portal at https://portal.ssg-wsg.gov.sg/feedback.
- Thank you.